Social Enterprise Kent are proud to be the lead delivery organisation for Lots More to Offer; a great project operating across Kent and East Sussex, which aims to bridge the employment, skills and confidence gap for those over the age of 45.
We understand the barriers often faced by those who have become isolated from the work market. But we also know the value those individuals can bring to the workplace once barriers are reduced.
The project provides…
- Personalised 1 to 1 sessions with an Employment Support Adviser,
- Help with motivation and self-confidence,
- Support with identifying the right voluntary and employment opportunities,
- Training in Employability skills, CV writing, Money Management, I.T. and much more,
- Self-employment guidance for those wishing to start-up by themselves,
- An opportunity to meet new people within the community!
As part of the Lots More to Offer project, we are excited to be developing a mobile App which aims to match mature job searchers with prospective Employers, and make job searching less daunting and more fun!
How to get involved with the project:
To register to the Lots More to Offer project, you must be:
- Aged 45 years or over
- Living in East Kent, Swale, Medway or East Sussex,
- Unemployed or Economically Inactive,
- Able to evidence your right to work in UK.
Please get in touch with the Lots More to Offer team if:
- You would like to find out more about the project for yourself, a friend, or a member of your family,
- You would like to refer someone to the project from another service,
- You are a business and you are looking for an employee or a volunteer.
- You run a business in the area and would be interested to trial our App later this year!
Contact the East Kent Team:
(Canterbury, Thanet, Dover, Shepway)
Roxana Riaz, Employment Support Adviser: 07712 524568
General office number: 01227 469972 or email BBO@sekgroup.org.uk
Call us on 01227 469972 if you live in East Kent. Otherwise, you will find the number you need to call below if you live in the other project areas.
In Rural Kent call 01227 469972
In Swale and Medway call 01795 473828
In East Sussex call 01273 516347
Download our case study to read about how the Lots More to Offer project is positively impacting people in East Kent!
Part of the ‘Building Better Opportunities’ programme, funded by the National Lottery and European Social Fund until December 2019, Social Enterprise Kent are the lead delivery organisation for the Lots More to Offer project, partnered by Sussex Community Development Association (operating mainly in East Sussex), and Swale Community and Voluntary Services (operating mainly in Swale & Medway).