Social Enterprise Kent CIC are proud to be working in partnership with The Folkestone Community Work Programme, managed by Folkestone & Hythe District Council, to deliver and part fund the Working Together Employability Project within the Folkestone Community Led Local Development area (CLLD). The Working Together project is also part funded by the European Structural and Investment Fund 2014-20 and aims to support residents within the Folkestone CLLD area to feel more prepared to find work by enhancing their employability skills, become more confident moving forward to achieve their job goals and overall have a positive contribution towards their wellbeing.
We at SEK understands the various challenges that people face to reach their employability goals, so we aim to support people in Folkestone to access services and move that one step closer to reaching their employability potential.
The Project provides:
- Personalised 1 to 1 informal session with an Employment Support Advisor to develop an employability action plan.
- Help identify employability barriers and work towards overcoming them.
- Support with identifying opportunities and training.
- Employability training skills such as CV writing, IT, job searching and interview techniques.
- Guidance on becoming self employed and starting up a business.
- An opportunity to try something new, explore what’s available within the community of Folkestone, meet new people and become more confident and empowered.
To be referred to the Working Together project you must be:
- 18 years old and over
- Unemployed or economically inactive
- Able to evidence your right to work in the UK
- Residing within the eligible area of Folkestone.
This project is funded by the The European Structural and Investment Fund, Social Enterprise Kent and is managed by Folkestone & Hythe District Council.
If you know someone who could benefit from the Working Together project the get in contact with the Working Together Programme Manager Emma Woodward to book an appointment with one of our Employment Support Advisors.
Folkestone Office Number: 01227 200120