We support a huge range of new and existing social enterprises through support capacity building programmes. We work with the VCSE sector with anything from grant fundraising, to Theory of Change, HR, governance, crowdfunding, social impact and more.
Increasingly however, SEK has been asked to help budding social enterprises realise their dreams of starting up their social business. We have also been called upon to help share our experiences and provide mentoring support to established social enterprises. In order to do this, we need funding so we are always on the lookout for grants or social enterprises can pay for this service direct if they have the means. Please contact us for more information.
Networking sessions: We are part of the successful Ashford social enterprise network, and have set up location-specific social enterprise networking groups in Canterbury with networks starting soon in Folkestone, Thanet, Maidstone and Medway. These have been hugely successful and valuable and are free for participants. Again, all events can be booked through Eventbrite.
Contact Rebecca Smith for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our annual Social Enterprise Conference will be held on October 11th 2019 at Westgate Hall. To book, please see our Eventbrite page.
This conference is not just for social enterprises, this is also a great chance for anyone to find out more information about funding, social media marketing, national support for CIC's and much, much more.
The event attracts a range of audiences, including:
Charities and Third Sector
Public sector organisations
Businesses wanting to learn about social enterprises and social value
Health and Social Care organisations
- Andrew O'Brien from Social Enterprise UK, with an update on the national picture,future policy development, challenges facing the sector and talking about the Buy Social programme.
- Jo Dyer from Animate Arts CIC, a local social enterprise who will talk about their experiences with crowdfunding.
- A Social Enterprise Case Study from Kate Bull from Britain's Bravest Manufacturing Company.
- Interactive workshops based around Social Impact.
- Funding experts - hear all about the funding that social enterprises can bid for including information from Kent Community Foundation as they will be talking about The Social Enterprise Grant and Loan. South East Creatives, Unltd.
- Interactive social media talk with the fantastic ZC Media
and more to follow!
Often when social entrepreneurs want to start their own social enterprise as a charity or community interest company, it’s difficult to get the right support and information along the journey to social impact.
Social Enterprise Kent has been delivering 12 hours of free one-to-one support under South East Business Boost, with support from the Kent and Medway Growth Hub.
Unfortunately the fully funded places are now booked up, but still get in contact and we will see if we can help on a more informal basis!