Lots More to Offer
Social Enterprise Kent are proud to be the lead delivery organisation for Lots More to Offer; a great project operating across Kent and East Sussex, which aims to bridge the employment, skills and confidence gap for those over the age of 45.
We understand the barriers often faced by those who have become isolated from the work market. But we also know the value those individuals can bring to the workplace once barriers are reduced.
The project provides…
- Personalised 1 to 1 sessions with an Employment Support Adviser,
- Help with motivation and self-confidence,
- Support with identifying the right voluntary and employment opportunities,
- Training in Employability skills, CV writing, Money Management, I.T. and much more,
- Self-employment guidance for those wishing to start-up by themselves,
- An opportunity to meet new people within the community!
How to get involved with the project:
To register to the Lots More to Offer project, you must be:
- Aged 45 years or over
- Living in East Kent, Swale, Medway or East Sussex,
- Unemployed or Economically Inactive,
- Able to evidence your right to work in UK.
Please get in touch with the Lots More to Offer team if:
- You would like to find out more about the project for yourself, a friend, or a member of your family.
- You would like to refer someone to the project from another service.
- You are a business and you are looking for an employee.
- You run a business in the area and would be interested to trial our App later this year!
Please see this report which was produced at the beginning of 2021. It details thing we have learnt since the start of the project and gives a lot more information on the project so far.
Lots More to Offer Learning Report
Contact the East Kent Team:
(Canterbury, Thanet, Dover, Shepway)
Georgina Bush, Operations Supervisor: 07712 524568
General office number: 01227 469972
In Swale and Medway call 01795 473828
In East Sussex call 07580 587989
For information about how The Department of Work and Pensions (acting on behalf of European Social Fund) will be collecting and storing data for the purpose of BBO, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/esf-action-notes-2014-to-2020-programme (Action Note 022/18)
Take a look at below to see how Frances benefited from the Lots More to Offer project.
BBO Press Release
Call us on 01227 469972 if you live in East Kent. Otherwise, you will find the number you need to call below if you live in the other project areas.
Part of the ‘Building Better Opportunities’ programme, funded by the National Lottery and European Social Fund until December 2021, Social Enterprise Kent are the lead delivery organisation for the Lots More to Offer project, working in partnership with Swale Community and Voluntary Services.